The inGaston Facebook Group began as GastonEats in 2012. We currently have about 28k members.
The group covers live music, night life, and local eats in Gaston County.
For businesses: in order to post, your business must be listed in our business directory here on the website.
Eligible businesses include:
- Restaurants located in Gaston County or within 8 miles of the county border, with less than 100 locations or owned by a local franchisee.
- Food Trucks located in Gaston County or within 8 miles of the county border, posting schedules and events.
- Related businesses (bakeries, coffee shops, niche grocers). Home-based related businesses must provide State registration paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be eligible for a business listing and to post in the group.
- Live music venues located in Gaston County or within 8 miles of the county border.
Guidelines for Members:
For our group members, we have a few rules/guidelines that everyone needs to adhere to.
- Be civil! The group is not for trolling. If you see a post you disagree with, it’s often better to just SOB (Scroll on by!) versus engaging and arguing. No politics, and avoid divisive topics.
- No SPAM. No advertising other groups, pages, or unrelated links without permission. All posts are moderated so your post will not be allowed if it doesn’t follow the group rules.
- You can post your feedback/review of any restaurant in Gaston County (or within 8 miles of the border) that has less than 100 National locations.
If you’re posting about a negative experience, your post will only be allowed if the intent of the post is fairly presented and not a case of putting the place “On blast”.
We’ll also not allow any posts or comments discussing specific employees, management or ownership of a business and no posts alleging food poisoning, or rodents/insects, or illegal activities. The group is for sharing experiences and to learn about new places to visit, not for spreading rumors or making accusations.
- Recommendations need to be specific. You need to include *what you’re looking for, and *where you want to find it, as well as any additional details you can. Also be sure to format it as an actual recommendation so that Facebook will add a map.
And be sure to use the search function as what you are looking for has quite probably already been asked about by other members. Very generic posts such as “Best pizza and GO!” will not be allowed.
- No off-topic posts. If it’s not mentioned in the group description or in these rules/guidelines, it’s most probably not allowed for posting.
We do have some exceptions for non-profit events etc. But please check with an admin before trying to post, or understand that posts are moderated and off-topic posts will not be allowed to be published.
- Admin/moderator decisions are final. If you disagree with a decision made by a group moderator, do not complain about that decision in the group in comments or try to post arguing the decision. Feedback can be emailed to email@example.com.